Lockdown 2021 Information
During this current national lockdown, schools are required to publish arrangements for providing remote learning provision for pupils. This can be found in Files to Download
The key messages are:
- Work between home and School will be managed via Tapestry (Nursery and Reception), Seesaw (Years 1-6). Each pupil will have a unique log on and work shared will only be seen by the pupil and their class teacher.
- Feedback will continue to be given to pupils after their work has been submitted via Tapestry or Seesaw.
- Tasks will be set on a daily basis in maths and English. Tasks in other curricular areas, which may include projects and assignments, will also be set..
- Children should continue to practise knowledge of times tables and reading on a daily basis.
- Mathematics work will be mainly supported by the White Rose Scheme of Learning which will provide useful resources such as video links.
- All pupils will require access to an internet-connected device. If this presents problems, parents should contact school at the earliest opportunity.
Useful links to support learning at home:
Oak National Academy is a new collection of high-quality lessons and online resources. Backed by the Government, it has been created in response to the coronavirus lockdown. Our teachers may suggest if and how this online classroom is used, perhaps alongside any existing work.
Phonics for Reception to Year 2 - click here
Literacy Counts is now an official DfE resource and has developed some Storytime Counts resources free for families and schools.
White Rose maths is the curriculum we follow in school. and is the main resource for home learning. There is a daily maths lesson consisting of a short video, worksheets and supporting resources from BBC Bitesize.
First 4 Maths activities for learning at home