Year 1 & 2 2022 - 2023
Mrs A King
(Monday - Wednesday)
Mrs H Bebbington
(Wednesday - Friday)
Mrs H Bradbury
(Monday - Friday mornings)
Miss T Sobutta
Welcome to Year 1 and 2!
This term's theme is, "Treasured Toys".
Here are some of the topics the children will be covering this term. You can find more detail on this on the 'Curriculum page'.
- English: 'Traction Man' by Mini Grey, 'Lost in the Toy Museum' by David Lucas and 'Troll Swap' By Leigh Hodgkinson.
- Maths: investigating place value, addition and subtraction
- Science: identifying, naming and comparing common animals including humans
- Art: exploring colour through the work of Kandinsky and paper weaving
- History: learning about toys through the ages
- Geography: mapping and direction
- PSHE: thinking about relationships and differences
- RE: learning about nature and God, Light and dark
P.E days are Monday and Thursday. Please come in P.E kit on these days. We start with multi-skills and running.
Reading three times per week for 20 minutes but every day if possible! Please record in your child's Reading Diary. Spellings will be posted in the reading diary every week and there will be a QR coded picture book for you to enjoy too
Spellings for all children will be sent home on a Monday based on the phonics learning that week or on "tricky words" that can't be sounded out. It is important that they are practised at home. Spell checks will be completed the following Monday before the new week's words are sent home.
Files to Download
Year 1 & 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1 & 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 & 2: Events items
Christmas Dinner & Class Parties / Christmas Jumper, by Mrs Evans
HALF TERM, by Mrs Evans
INSET DAY 4, by Mrs Evans